JoCaml on Windows NT
This port is sponsored by
Microsoft Research .
Here are simple instructions to get started:
- Get the latest Cygwin Net release at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/download.html
and install it. It is necessary to get a very recent version (this
port has been tested with the April 17th 2000 release).
- Get the latest version of Jocaml at http://pauillac.inria.fr/jocaml/,
and extract it. To this end, use the tar tool provided by cygwin, since other tools may omit to extract empty directories needed for the compilation.
- in the jocaml directory, type
- make world
- make bootstrap
- make opt
- make install
How about graphics:
You simply need to install some X server and X include files
before doing the ./configure.
- make world does not terminate when compiling num, or terminates with an error vfork: No more processes.
Check if there is a directory named otherlibs/num/bignum/o. If it does not exist, either create it, or extract jocaml from the tar compressed file using tar.
- make install does not do anything.
Look if there is a file named "INSTALL". If so, rename it in
"INSTALL.txt" for instance. (This problem seems to arise because the
Windows file system does not make the difference between "install" and
- I get a "Program too big to fit in memory" error.
Do you have the bin directory where jocrun was installed in your
- I get a "Thread deadlock" when I try to do anything (typically
hitting "return" in the toplevel).
Do you have a recent version of Cygwin installed ? This error used
to occur with Cygwin B20, but does not anymore with the newest version
- I get a "Fatal error: cannot open pervasives.cmi".
If you did not install the jocaml libraries in their default
directory (eg if you specified a different installation path for the
"./configure"), you need to set the "JOCAMLLIB" environment variable
to the directory where the jocaml libraries are installed. To do this,
with the library directory instead of /usr/local/lib/jocaml.
Contact address and bug reports: firstname.lastname@example.org