Re: your mail

* Roberto Yard (r.yard@planet.nl) wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to jocaml. When I start jocns I get this message:
> Name server started at port 20001
>
> Starting multicast server ...
>
> Name Server started without multicast (Failure("setsock_join"))
>
> And when I run the program ex1.ml, I get this message:
> Using multicast
>
> Using multicast
>
> Multicast aborted (Failure("setsock_join"))
>
> Multicast aborted (Failure("setsock_join"))
>
> Querying name server localhost.localdomain:20001
>
> Querying name server localhost.localdomain:20001
>
> I use RedHat 7.2. Can anyone help me.
> Thanx.

It's ok to have multicast errors, it just means that the server will run
without multicast (ie one need to specify the machine name). Is the rest
of the program not working (what behaviour are you expecting, and what
are you getting ?).

You might want to specify the environment variable JNSSERVER to give the
name of the machine where jocns is running.

I highly recommend reading
http://pauillac.inria.fr/jocaml/htmlman/index.html as well as
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~aschmitt/afp4-jocaml.ps.gz for Join Calculus
and JoCaml progamming.

HTH,

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

PGP signature