Re: JoCaml and Parallelizing Compilers

Hi,

First of all, one small detail: the jocaml-dev address is not valid
anymore. I copy your mail on the jocaml list.

The whole point of JoCaml is to implement the Join Calculus on top of
OCaml, so any OCaml program that does not use too recent features (let's
say objects, labels, polymorphic variants) can be compiled as a JoCaml
program. (more precisely, any ocaml program that can be compiled by the
1.07 version of the compiler can be compiled by jocaml). So I'm afraid
there is not much to do there in term of research. Now you may want to
look at how to convert sequential jocaml programs into parallel jocaml
programs ... but I don't know much about this. Maybe someone else on the
list will have an idea.

Best,

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.